Wednesday, April 3, 2013

I Felt on Top of the World!


            It feels like a month has passed since I wrote to you, my sisters in Christ. I have missed you! Please know that you can contact me at any time, telling me any story about how God is working in your life. I would love to pray for you in your seasons of growing, praise with you in the times when God does wonderful and amazing things in your lives!
            God has just done something wonderful in my life. I got a job today doing what I love to do! I have had a dream for a long time to be a music teacher, and to have a studio where I could develop a curriculum for music and teach. There is a studio in the city where I live that contracts with independent music teachers, offering them the space and administrative services there in return for a cut of the teacher’s income. It is a wonderful setup because I do not have to advertise, and I get help with scheduling, which is wonderful. God truly worked this out in an amazing way. My pastor was over on Monday night visiting with my husband and I. When we prayed together, he prayed for my work situation, asking God for a way for me to pursue my dreams and get out of the job I have now. The next day, I get a phone call from this studio asking me if I am available, and would I be able to come down for an interview? Today, the next day after the phone call, I went down for the interview, really enjoyed getting to know the manager there, and signed the contract!
            Walking home, I felt on top of the world. I prayed as I was walking home, “Lord, please keep this moment alive in my heart. Help me to enjoy all the steps that will come after this. I know it will not all be perfect, but I know that You are in control.”
            It is amazing feeling your dreams come true! The best part for me though, is knowing that I am not forcing it to happen. I know that God is leading me every step of the way, and because I know that I also know that through this He is making His name known in the world. I am so humbled that God would choose to work through me, it inspires me to work harder, to truly live a life worthy of the word ‘Christian’. 
            I began this blog wanting to dig into the mystery as to why Christian women with powerful gifts seem to run into huge walls and opposition to their gifts. I don’t know that I have really made any big discoveries in that field; it could turn into a life-long study. However, I have noticed patterns in my own life. When I make a decision ahead of time to do something in my life that will bring me closer to God, Satan will attack. These attacks are subtle, and even though I have begun to identify them, I still can’t realize what they are in the middle of one. Usually it comes in the form of a headache, generally feeling blue and irritable, and not motivated. My husband is a wonderful help in realizing these attack for what they truly are, and loving me in spite of my bad behaviour sometimes. Today has shown me that if we are sensitive to God’s working in our lives, He will give us the opportunity to serve Him with our gifts, and what a mountaintop feeling it is!
            Love, grace and strength to you all!

1 comment:

  1. This is so great! I'm so glad God has given you this opportunity! It's so wonderful when we can live out our dreams! Wishing you all the best as you start your work! I know your students will love you!

    ReplyDelete